Annual Requirements for All Coaches (paid & volunteer)
Every coach must complete one of the free online courses listed below every year.
1. CDC Heads Up Concussion Training (preferred) follow link below
2. NFHS Concussion Training follow link below
A copy of your certificate of completion must be given to the school's athletic director before season begins. Athletic Director must maintain documentation for 3 years.
Each Coach must read, initial and sign the "Coach Signature Form" and return to the school's athletic director, the form is attached at the bottom of this page.
Every athlete and his/her parent or guardian must receive a copy of the "Parent/Athlete Signature Form." Both the student and parent/guardian must read, initial, & sign this form and return it to the head coach. Coach must maintain documentation for 3 years.
Tennessee Sports Concussion Law
In April 2013, Tennessee became the 44th state to pass a sports concussion law designed to reduce youth sports concussions and increase awareness of traumatic brain injury. Click link below for more information.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training:
Every coach (paid or volunteer) must complete a sudden cardiac arrest training annually. This free online course can be done following this link https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61032
A copy of your certificate of completion must be given to the school athletic director before season begins. Athletic Director must maintain documentation for 3 years.
Each coach must read and sign the Coaches/Athletic Director Signature form and return it to the athletic director.
All athletes and their parents/guardians must read and sign this "Parent/Athlete Signature Form(the form is attached at the bottom of this page). It must be returned to the head coach before participation in any athletic activity. Coach must maintain documentation for 3 years.
Any new non-school staff coach hired after July 2015 must complete an Application for Non-Teacher Coaching Position and return it to Brenda Ross at the Humphreys County Board of Education. (form is attached at bottom of page).
Sudden Cardiac Arrest Act
In April 2015, Tennessee passed the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act to increase awareness of sudden cardiac arrest among coaches, parents and athletes. Click link below for more information.
Random Drug Testing Program for Athletes
1. Each head coach should provide the school's athletic director with a final roster as soon as tryouts are over. The athletic director will then forward that information to the CSH Supervisor, Kristi Brown. If changes are made to the roster, it is the coach's responsibility to notify the athletic director and CSH Supervisor in a timely manner.
2. Each athlete must return a signed Random Drug Testing form to his/her coach before he/she is allowed to participate in any athletic activity (including practice). These forms must be sent to the CSH Supervisor, Kristi Brown along with the final roster. No Exceptions!
3. Random drug testing will occur regularly throughout the school year. Athletes will be selected for testing by a random generator program.
4. No fewer than 20% of the total number of student athletes will be tested annually.
The Humphreys County Board of Education's Random Drug Testing for Athletes Policy can be found at the bottom of this page.